Use these questions in teams, whole class, 'hot seat' for one student to answer, and encourage students to ask follow up questions to those who are answering to help more voices share.
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is a song or album you've listened to recently?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is the hardest class you ever took?
- What did you do at recess in Elementary school?
- If you could have any pet in the world, what pet would you choose?
- What is your favorite cereal?
- What time do you wake up on a Saturday?
- What chore do you want to do the most?
- What makes you the most happy?
- Share a piece of advice someone gave you that meant a lot.
- What is your favorite way to waste time?
- What is your favorite physical characteristic about yourself?
- What is your favorite activity to do in the summer?
- Do you like the snow?
- If you could be an animal, what would it be and why?
- Tell about an injury you have had.
- If you had a day to do whatever you wanted to do, what would you do?
- Pick your superpower.
- What Avenger would you be?
- What was the best gift/present you have ever gotten?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- What was your favorite birthday?
- If I gave you a million dollars right now, and you had to spend it in one week, what would you buy?
- If you could go back in time and give your 8 year old self a piece of advice, what would it be?
- If you could have been born in another era, what would it be?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- If there was a movie about your life, which actress/actor would play you?
- What is your least favorite movie? Most favorite?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- If you had to choose one restaurant to have limitless free food from, what would it be?
- Name one thing that just drives you crazy.
- If you could go shopping at any story and choose a limitless amount of items for free, what store would you choose?
- Would you rather live in Hogwarts or Narnia?
- If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you choose?
- If you were a natural disaster what would you be and why?
- What is your favorite cereal?
- If you were going to be on a reality TV show, which would you choose and why?
Would You Rather?
- Be 3 feet tall or 8 feet tall?
- Be a deep sea diver or an astronaut?
- Have a pet that was a giant hamster, or a tiny rhino?
- Be able to stop time, or fly?
- Be born with an elephant trunk or giraffe neck?
- Have a missing finger or an extra toe?
- Have a very strict teacher and learn a lot, or have an easy teacher and learn nothing?
- Be able to control the weather or be able to talk to animals?
- Have bright blue teeth, or bright blue hair?
- Only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
- Only eat your favorite food for the rest of your life, or never eat it again?
- Be hairy all over or completely bald?
- Live without music or live without TV?
- Have a big group of friends or one very close friend?
- Be invisible or be able to read minds?
- Find out your parents are secretly spies, or aliens?
- Live in a world where people suddenly break into song or break into kung fu fights?
- Be the worst player on the best team, or the best player on a bad team?
- Get stung by a bee or get a sunburn?
- Go to the pool or go to the beach?
- Have your body turn green when you get wet, or have your hair turn purple when you are in the sun?
- Be a pencil or a rubber band?
- Have someone give you $100 or give $1,000 to the charity of your choice?
- Jump into a pool of marshmallows or a pool of jello?
- Have a head the size of an orange, or a watermelon?
- Be a good student, or a good athlete?
- Be invisible or time-travel?
- Would you rather have parents who loved you but were poor, or have parents who did not love you but were rich and gave you everything you wanted?
- Would you rather be allowed to shower every day but never wash your clothes, or wash your clothes and never be allowed to shower?
- Would you rather have yummy edible hair that regrew each night, or have retractable wheels on the bottoms of your feet?
Questions borrowed from : Carson-Dellosa Publishing, Blue Door Consulting, Minds in Bloom.